How much does Oracle cost?

ataria

Oracle released ther 10g Express Edition a while back, it is completly free to use and free to deploy with applications, however it does have its limitations, there is a limitation to how much data can be stored, also alot of features are taken out, if you are intrested you can do a google search. I played around with it and it is quite easy to use, it comes with various tools to help you and sample database with a tutorial on how to use the sample tutorial. If you are not familiar with oracle, then in my opinion oracle express edition would be a good place to start.

• 1 month later...
Just goto www.oracle.com.  On the lefthand side under TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS, click on downloads.  Click on Oracle 10G and follow the download instructions.  FREE.

I've been working with Oracle since the 1990's and have always downloaded the most recent version here.

You have to agree not to use it for a commerical enterprise.

I run Oracle on my Windows XP Pro  and my Linix Redhat Enterprise version 4.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Oracle publishes their price lists: http://www.oracle.com/corporate/pricing/pricelists.html

Very few people pay anything close to retail, so take it with a grain of salt, as it's easy to get sticker shock when you see the pricing for Enterprise edition, lol. 

• 2 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.