• Yes
    • No

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

If you look at it from a technical standpoint it's understandable why so many people hate it.

When you look at a website, you can tell right off, whether it was coded by hand, and wysiwyge that is decent, or frontpage.  Frontpage allways stands out with web bot tags, and broken unvalidated code.  When I first started my career, I thought I was cool because I could build web pages with frontpages, when I got into enlightenment, and began learning validation, clean code (still not great, but I am getting cleaner and cleaner as I learn more), then I gave up frontpage.  XHtml can be memorized in half the time it takes to learn frontpage anyway, along with a good amount of css.  It took me years to really, learn css, and I still struggle on some medium to advanced layouts.  I average 1 day per layout, coding by hand, but it triples the good qualities of avoiding frontpage. I use dreamweaver, but hand code view, however I am recently thinking about trying a good editor with great syntax hihglighting and code completion.  Frontpage however is going in the right direction as far as a program for people who know nothing about coding.  In my opinion only, fi you never want to learn hand coding, there are only 2 competitors, frontpage and dreamweaver. 

Dreamweaver is more advanced, and harder to use, and harder to understand.  However frontpage is more simply.  IT's also known that 2003 was better than 2003, and 2004 will undoubtedly be better than frontpage 2003, but I still hate, and would never use frontpage nonetheless, and don't suggest it to anyone who wants a career in it.  People who want a personal page, and don't have time to hire a developer, it's not a sin to use it, I just would personally never trust, or use it.

:o Fert, how the hell did you get that information in your signature.  What is that, can I borrow that.  WHatever you did to get that information (I know php or javascript won't run on the forum, how did you do that)

It's most likely done with PHP and the GDLib, with the script sitting somewhere else but being referenced as an image in his sig...

• 2 months later...

I occasionally still use FP, it makes split view code/layout easy to see.

However the majority of my coding is with Notepad++. I think that as long as you don’t use the extensions, it can be a valuable tool, among others.

Will someone, anyone please agree with me the despite its flaws, Frontpage is still WAY better that DreamWeaver?

• 4 weeks later...

Will someone, anyone please agree with me the despite its flaws, Frontpage is still WAY better that DreamWeaver?

Are you on crack?

(no offense)

It could just be me, but for whatever reason, it seems to me as if that particular comment is sure to cause offense, regardless of any "disclaimers" you may put at the bottom. And I'm curious why you felt the need to reply to that post; he was clearly asking for people that agreed with him, not people that disagreed with him.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.