1. 1. Do you use Microsoft Frontpage??

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to hand-code most of what I'm doing so... I know what is going on with the code.

The one real business website I did the client wanted me to use FrontPage because it was what they had... but they weren't even using the magical FP extensions on their server... so I said.... ummm no.

Where I work now they only will allow FP200x on the computers for web development if you're maintaining a site, if you're doing web-based applications you can get dreamweaver or whatever... so I stick to HomeSite v1.2 (Sept 1996) because it doesn't edit the registry and can run off a floppy. It does enough of the inserting tags, but lets me control the content.

Dreamweaver is the only sensible tool really, vim is nice as is source edit, but with Dreamweaver you get a WSYWIG design tool as well as a coder that recognises code and can give argument lists for a function.

Frontpage, lollolololol, that really is sh1t.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahahahahahah, oh my god. what. :o

sorry, I'll just scrape myself from the floor, ahahah, excellent.

honestly, I don't know who to quote here!!!

Ferrol, Promark, Arenium. wicked. torture, lol :lol:

shit, It's pointless even voicing my opinion, I'll let you work that one out. can you guess what it is yet...!? sorry rolferoo fans.

I must confess, I bought it, FP2003. I should have broken my leg that day instead.

I now code everything by hand, I mean everything, PHP, JS, HTML, CSS, SQL, with a simple yet good text editor, with syntax highlighting for many languages and powerful find/replace capabilities.

I'm a bit of a control freak. Generated code scares me, so inefficient, so unreadable, so unmaintainable, you name it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yea, i use a text editor (editpad) too. it's just a lot easier to amend your errors when you know where everything is and how it's working.

Frontpage can lick my musky yams. it's like the "special olympics" category for web design/development.

I have never used Frontpage, maybe because i couldn't be bothered trying to figure it out and in the end dreamweaver is way better. I must admit that I did use MS Word when I started web design, but I was 12 and had no net at the time!!! :(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.