myspace like page???

runnerjp

hey all... thanks for lookin for a start

i was wundring...how could i go about makeing a profile page for users of mysite that where able to update themselfs...an example of this would be myspace....

what would i have to look for in all ready made scripts so i can get an idea of what to do  ... what i mean by look for is what would it come under in a catagory??

or any other ifno wud b g8 please :D

cheers :)

easy, nope lol. i did the whole thing myself. it has over 100 php files in total, ranging from 50-1000 lines of code

when i started i didnt really know where to start, so it was a learning experience. Its in a constant state of development

mort site is very nice i like it and well done in the grafic design in the header 100% inpact very nice.

runnerjp i dont think programming a site like that will be a thing for you as you can see your self the code is more then a starting point you will have to first study php real basics then advance to getting really to use php if you do throw your self in the deep end all your do is ask million of php quistions.

to program a php code that reflicts to the given above address your need to use all the php freaks tutorals and also realy learn mysql database to do all the select querys and results with joins.

good luck.

[quote author=redarrow link=topic=106763.msg427316#msg427316 date=1157316143]
mort site is very nice i like it and well done in the grafic design in the header 100% inpact very nice.
[/quote]

cheers dude! we recently jumped over 10k members

and its not my site as such, i just built it for someone

A myspace site, dating site, photo rating, etc - those are getting more common...

Here's a website I made for a client.

[url =mathsuccess 4 me.com]Tutoring Website[/url]

It allows a tutor to register and have their profile displayed on the web. You can view essays, stats and information about the tutor, tutors can login and edit their picture and other information. There's also an admin script to approve/disapprove tutors, change their info, etc.

Guess how much it costs for me to make it?

[quote author=lounger link=topic=106763.msg427330#msg427330 date=1157317793]
mort how much would it cost for you to do an index page like that one on face4 u ??[/quote]

email me here - chris.horsnell@86degrees.com

[quote author=extrovertive link=topic=106763.msg427335#msg427335 date=1157318312]
A myspace site, dating site, photo rating, etc - those are getting more common...

Here's a website I made for a client.

Tutoring Website[/quote]

But this is a thread ABOUT myspace pages :P

[quote author=redarrow link=topic=106763.msg427328#msg427328 date=1157317170]
very nice you have a very good understanding for colors and neatness i smell money lol.
[/quote]

Dude, did you make that FreeSingles site? Hit me up on the email above, wouldnt mind a chat

Also same to runnerjp if he wants help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.