MySQL database table stopped auto incrementing

zoran

One of my tables on my forum http://bananarepublika.net/forum seams to have stopped auto incrementing.

I have been making some minor changes to the code.

My site was also targeted my someone who changed string in the browser to show debateID=0 from a number that was coresponding to the debate.  So he put some text in to the database, something silly I dont think it meaters. I have erased some rows from a table that were script injected, I think directly in phpmysql, and other texts I erased in the forum page.

Now one of my tables has stopped incrementing. So no user can post any text to it.

When I echo the $sql from mysql_query($sql), and try it manualy in phpmyadmin it gives out message that :" #1062 - Duplicate entry '127' for key 'PRIMARY'".

I have tried deleting text with that key and I could insert one text after that.

But on the next try it gives the same message.

So I conclude that the auto increment key hung up on 127.

Although when I check in the phpmyadmin in the operations it shows auto_increment 128.

I am struggling all day long with this. Pleas help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.