Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radar

Image Buttons and Cases

Okay so for this part of my site..  I have opted to use image buttons just for the visual appeal -- and they fit better..

Now I read somewhere that the image button names get appended or something in posting..  How can I tell what has been appended onto the name so that I can get my cases working properly?

In fact since on all my pages ive got a errmsg on it.. I tried setting that to show the name of the button...  which i do through this code

$tpl->assign('errmsg', $_POST[Submit]); which should give me what I am looking for should it not? but when I click on the image buttons it does not work.. though when I click on the other button thats on my this page an add button -- it does work...  Any clue as to why? here is my coding thus far on this.. This code is just for the links page alone... 

[code]
<?php
case links :
if ($row['sub_class'] == "Root") {
$tpl->define(array(foo => "admin/main.tpl", bar => "admin/left_root.tpl", body => "admin/body_admin.tpl", link=> "admin/links.tpl"));
}
if ($row['sub_class'] == "Site") {
$tpl->define(array(foo => "admin/main.tpl", bar => "admin/left_site.tpl", body => "admin/body_admin.tpl", link=> "admin/links.tpl"));
}
if ($row['sub_class'] == "Forum") {
$tpl->define(array(foo => "admin/main.tpl", bar => "admin/left_forum.tpl", body => "admin/body_admin.tpl", link=> "admin/links.tpl"));
}
$all = mysql_fetch_assoc(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM links"));
$tpl->assign('errmsg', $_POST['Submit']);
switch ($_POST['Submit']) {
default :
$queued = "SELECT * FROM links WHERE links_status = 'queued'";
$queued = mysql_query($queued);
$cnt = mysql_num_rows($queued);
if ($cnt == "" || $cnt == "0") {
$tpl->assign('queued_link_list', '<tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" class="style7">There are 0 links waiting in queue</td></tr>');
} else {
for ($i = 0; $i < $cnt && $rows = mysql_fetch_assoc($queued); $i++) {
$link_url = $rows['link_url'];
$link_image = $rows['link_image'];
$link_name = $rows['link_name'];
$link_id = $rows['links_id'];
if ($link_image == "") {
$list .= '<tr>
            <td width="331" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" class="style7"><a href="'.$link_url.'">'.$link_url.'</a></td>
            <td width="172" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" class="style7">no image specified</td>
            <td width="205" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" class="style7">'.$link_name.'
              <input name="queued_links" type="hidden" id="queued_links" value="'.$link_id.'" /></td>
            <td width="44" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><input type="submit" src="../templates/cesite/images/b_edit.gif" name="Submit" alt = "approve" value="approve" /><input type="submit" src="../templates/cesite/images/b_drop.gif"  alt = "deny" name="Submit" value="deny" /></td>
          </tr>';
} else {
$list .= '<tr>
            <td width="331" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" class="style7"><a href="'.$link_url.'">'.$link_url.'</a></td>
            <td width="172" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" class="style7"><a href="'.$link_image.'">selected image</a></td>
            <td width="205" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" class="style7">'.$link_name.'<input name="queued_links" type="hidden" id="queued_links" value="'.$link_id.'" /></td>
            <td width="44" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><input type="submit" src="../templates/cesite/images/b_edit.gif" name="Submit" value="approve" /><input type="submit" src="../templates/cesite/images/b_drop.gif" name="Submit" value="deny" /></td>
          </tr>';
  }

}
$tpl->assign('queued_link_list', $list);
}
break;

case approve :
$tpl->assign('errmsg', 'We are approving the site');
break;

}

?>
[/code]

If you have a submit button thats an image, I belive you'll need to use $_POST['Submit_x'] or $_POST['Submit_y'] as the browser sends the the x and y co-ordinates where the user click the submit button.

Oh -- so is there any way to get an absolute value out of this method or should i go back to just images set as links to go to index.php?act=links&whatever=whatever

Just thought since the rest of my site only has the act= part i'd try to stick with that.. but seems like thats not going to happen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.