Server Time

MysticCoder

I tried but am having no joy in getting it to display today's date.

The original script shown below works but it displays elements I am not interested in.
// Get server date
$mydate = date("U"); // date("U"); //

// Get Timezone offset
$myoffs = date("Z") - $myServerOffset;

// Adjust offsets for local machine
//print "var tzoffset =  $myoffs + (new Date().getTimezoneOffset()*60);";
print "var tzoffset = $myoffs +(new Date().getTimezoneOffset()*60);";
// Set JavaScript variable to your server time as seen from client machine's location.
print "var servertimeOBJ=new Date(($mydate+tzoffset)*1000);";

[quote author=MysticCoder link=topic=106844.msg427773#msg427773 date=1157382417]
Php, I have a php script been called by a javascript.
[/quote]

I don't understand that, but I thought you were trying to display "today's date" correctly for a user regardless of where they were on the planet - which is pure javascript - and nothing to do with the date/time on your server.  Or are you trying to display "today's date at the server", or ...

Maybe you could clarify that for us.

Then it should be as simple as a little piece of php code inserted whereever you want it (on a page with a  .php extension):

[code]<?php
echo "Today's server date is ". date("Y-m-d"); // or any format you want - check the date() function in the manual
?>[/code]

What do you mean by 'html variable' - there's no such thing.  You can echo the server date as many times as you want to in your html code if you just want to use it many times on the same page.

Are you trying to get the server date AND then use it in a piece of javascript somehow?

When you include a php script into another php script. The file that is being included is merged with the parent file, so it becomes one file effectively. So what ever variables you use in the parent file, those variables can be used in the included file.

Or am I not understanding what you are asking?

[quote]When a html page calls a php script it can post variables to that script.[/quote]
By that do you mean variables in the URL, eg mysite.com/page.php?var=something
Then in page.php you use $_GET['var'] to get the var variable? If thats the case you can do that. However you'll have to use an absolute path (http://mysqite.com/path/to/file.php) to the file you are including and make sure that the allow_url_fopen direcive is set to on in the php.ini

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.