photoshop, chopping off image chunks

Ninjakreborn

I have an image, with a white background and text in the middle, it's set up to the point where the whole thing is an image.  I  need to cut some off the top and bottom of the image to make it smaller, without touching the text itself, is there a way I can chop off just sections of an image, or no, if so how?

Hard to know without seeing the image exactly what you can and can't do with it. Since you say 'image', we'll assume it's not a layered .psd file.

One option is to copy the text to a new psd, remove the text from the image, re-size the image, then copy the text back to it.  The 'lasso' option lets you remove irregular sections of an image.  If the text actually overlays part of the image, you have a tedious editing job ahead but the 'magic wand' might be useful to you in removing parts ... as I say, hard to tell without seeing the image.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.