DW Bindings

I have a perfectly good binding in my PHP, but DW MX 2004 seems to ignore it because it wants to use it's own syntax!

Is there any way that I can tell DW to use my existing bindings? At the moment, I have to go back and edit/replace a shedful of text, which kind of defeats the object of the product!!

As I am evaluting, it gives me time to decide if it's worth the money! If I can't do this then I don't think I will bother with DW.

(I'm not being precious, but I don't have control over the entire site, and I can't edit the include file, as it will break other parts of the site!)

Thats the whole point of Dreamweaver. To keep code snippets that all integrate and work together. If you use your own code how is DMX suppose to just insert a show if condition behaviour or pagination. Take the time to learn DMX and it will speed up your development times. Why not create your own extention library using your own snippets.

Err, I don't know how to create a code library mainly ;)

Thing is, I need to integrate into an existing site and they use a different syntax. The syntax is perfectly valid and works. They won't be happy if I suddenly want to change everything because of a limitation in the software I want to use.

If that lets me achieve my objective then I'll do it, otherwise, it's just an expensive text editor :(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.