submit <BUTTON> does not react

van2

Hi,

I have the strangest problem:

I have a site that navigates through dynamic php pages in a sort of "wizard" format. The entire script is one big file, so it keeps calling itself and relies on POST and SESSION variables to know what's going on.
I'm using html POST forms on each page and have only server-side validation, and do not want to use any client side script.

Here's the strange thing: I'm using html <BUTTON type="submit"> tags inside html FORMS. Most buttons work, but using the exact same code in other places, it displays correctly, but simply doesn't react. Have tried all of the following:

1. Tried three different web browsers
2. changed form method to "GET"
3. changed action field of form
4. added name, value parameters to buttons and form
5. added various additional fields to the form

The only thing that made it work was changing to <INPUT> instead of <BUTTON>, but this isn't good, since I'm using uniform stylized buttons everywhere.

And here's the strangest thing: one of the buttons doesn't work at all, another one works about every third click!

Anybody have any idea what this could be?

PHP v.4.4.4 w/ apache 2.1 and latest browsers

Here's the code in its most basic form (which doesn't work):

<form method="post" action="index.php">
<button type="submit">push here</button>
</form>

Thanks for the comments, I figured it out, i forgot to remove an empty (invisible) dreamweaver layer just above a portion of the the top of the page, so the layer was absorbing the clicks for all buttons that it covered! That's why some clicks were successful others weren't.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.