Automatically enter today's date

I have a form that has a group of 4 radio buttons named "Status". I would like to have today's date automatically entered into a field ("DateWonorLost") when the radio button "Won" is clicked (the won button has a value of 2). I have been experimenting with onClick, but am not making any progress. Does someone have any guidance for me? Sample code?

Dumb question: why not have the date in that field whether they click won, click lost, or do nothing? That way you can populate the field using php server-side, rather than relying on client-side javascript (which might not necessarily be active).

Actual php code will vary depending on what date format you want in the field.

<input type="hidden" name="DateWonorLost" value='<?php echo date("m/d/Y"); ?>' />

That will populate the field whenever the form is displayed. If you only want that field to be populated when a radio button is clicked, you'll have no option but to do it with javascript OR have the form resubmit itself. Maybe that'll help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.