Using multiple ?id=1 methods

Mutley

By placing:

$page = isset($_GET['page']) ? $_GET['page'] : '1';

at the top of the page you garauntee that $page is set, so you can remove the opening if statement.  I.E., [b]if($page)[/b] is not necessary [b]unless[/b] you specifically want nothing to be shown when the url contains [b]page=0[/b].

So I've done this:

[code]if($page) {

$sql = "SELECT * FROM pages WHERE page_id=$page LIMIT 1";
$q = mysql_query($sql);
if(mysql_num_rows($q) == 1){
  while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){
    $content = $row['content'];
  }
}else{
  $content = "You're trying to find random pages in my website!";
}
echo $content;
}
[/code]

Which still doesn't work but I havn't removed the IF statement, what would it look like as I would need to remove curley brackets to? Could you do a mock up for me please?

I'm determined to get this sorted for you...

Forget all the previous stuff, lets go from scratch as it's all very confusing.

[code]
<?php
  // Get the parameters from the URL
  $id = $_GET['id']
  $page = isset($_GET['page']) ? $_GET['page'] : '1'; // if '&page=n' (n is a number) is in the url use it, if not, default to page=1

// The following assumes that you have a user_id column in your pages table, and the columns are called 'content', 'page_id' and 'user_id'
  $sql = "SELECT content FROM pages WHERE page_id = '$page' AND user_id = '$id'";
  $result = mysql_query($sql);

// We should only have one row returned, so mysql_fetch_row should be fine here
  $content = mysql_fetch_row($result);

// Check we found a page with the page_id that was given to us and output accordingly
  if ($content){
      echo $content[0];
  else {
      echo "No record was found for Page ID $page";
  }
?>
[/code]

Now this is assuming quite a lot, but this simple bit of code should work fine and you should be able to build whatever you need around it.

Regards
Rich

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.