Ideas for my site please

brown2005

well it is only displaying google uk because that is the only website in the database and i havnt finished the site. It will have people who have added there website in it and it will display the website with the lowest unique hits, everytime someone views it.

But what i want to know is, is it ok to use frames like this... or are frames a bad idea?

i think that for what you're doing, frames is the way to go. otherwise, you'll end up having to do a screen scrape of the site you're wanting to pull and display the content within your own page. in this case, i'd say that's much too much work to put into something simply to have a random webpage show in your site.

i really don't know. i generally go straight to the sites i want to view. even when i'm in a site and they have me view a site in their "shell", i usually open that frame in a new tab or window anyway. i'm not a big fan of browsing sites within sites, so i don't know what to tell you there :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.