installation problem

Hello everyone,

I am using dreamweaver 8 and i would like to start learning php.
programming.

For a begin what steps i should follow,what should i install first.
apache or php.mysql.Shall install them individually or should prefer
wampserver 5.

If someone show me the configuration steps i will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Personally I prefer to install AMP (Apache, PHP and MySQL) manaully rather than using a pre packaged product. As pre-packaged products come with alot of [i]bloat[/i]. There'll be features that'll be installed that I wont even use. So its just a waste of space to have them installed. If I want to use a feature I'll install it.

For a newb that is starting I'd recommend you to installing Apache, PHP and MySQL manually. There are plenty of sites out their with guides to install them manually.If you're on Windows, which I presume you are then this is a good duide to follow [url=http://www.expertsrt.com/tutorials/Matt/install-apache.html]here[/url].

hi there,
thanks for you suggestions that i took into consideration.I install php5  and apache 2,i configured apache 2.0 seems with no problem but i couldnt install php properly or i thought it wasnt configured.

i finished the installation than i done the changing path step but it didnt gave me the sign as it should stated on the tutorial. alternatively i tried to cut and paste the php5td.dll file into windows/system32 still didint work any idea what the reason would it be??
however i wrote a simple php command by using a text editor and saved into my apache folder,and i thought there were no problem as the script i created was appeared on the web browser.further this when i tried to see the second script by going localhost/filename.php dreamweaver started working and ask me
either to open the file or save the file which didnt occured at first time.

am i doing something wrong or missing something??

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.