What am I doing wrong?

nethnet

I feel like this is a really simple problem...  I'm working with mod_rewrite and I've done so for years, and never had a problem.  But all of a sudden on this new server, I'm having a problem getting the $_GET array to contain.. well, anything.  Everytime a page is redirected, the $_GET array is empty.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^user/([a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ user.php?name=$1

The page is actually redirected to user.php without any problem, but when I try to pull out the $_GET['name'] data, it is empty, everytime.

Am I doing something incredibly stupid?  I'm hoping so...  I really don't want to have to configure Apache or anything...

Thanks in advance.

@dreamwest,

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, the $_GET array is still coming up empty when /user/testuser is accessed.  So my fears are true... it's not an issue with REGEX errors or anything.  Something is going fishy with Apache itself.

Any other input is appreciated...  I have no idea where to begin with fixing this.

The rewrite looks ok, try removing the query and adding a second rewrite, if that doesnt work its nor your code

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^user/(.*)/(.*) user.php?name=$1 [L,QSA]

and make sure url rewrite is on in your sever panel

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.