#1 redbullmarky

redbullmarky
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:01 AM

Hi all
Quick question. How do you lot (lone users as opposed to team members) manage your libraries of code throughout each project?

I currently use Dreamweaver for development, and increasingly I find it difficult to keep track on certain libraries of code. As I write, I find certain changes that need to be made to a particular library - only changes that are made are kept confined to a project, as that's where all the files are. When it comes to a new project, I sometimes find it hard to remember which version of the code was the latest I updated, etc, etc. Surely there's a better way of keeping a library together, without resorting to saving the script "locally" (ie, for the project) and also in a seperate code library?

Just after some thoughts, especially from lone developers that use Dreamweaver. Any other tools you'd recommend to help keep my re-usable code organised and up to date?
Cheers
Mark
"you have to keep pissing in the wind to learn how to keep your shoes dry..."

I say old chap, that is rather amusing!

#2 Barand

Barand
  • Moderators
  • Sen . ( ile || sei )
  • 18,021 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:41 AM

Have look at

http://www.nongnu.org/cvs/
If you are still using mysql_ functions, STOP! Use mysqli_ or PDO. The longer you leave it the more you will have to rewrite.

Donations gratefully received

moon.png

|baaGrid| easy data tables - and more
|baaChart| easy line, column and pie charts

#3 redbullmarky

redbullmarky
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:45 AM

thanks Barand
I've looked a couple of CVS systems. They all strike me as a little complex tbh (unless I'm just looking at them from the wrong point of view). Are there any really (really) simple versions out there that Dreamweaver would co-operate with?

Cheers
Mark
"you have to keep pissing in the wind to learn how to keep your shoes dry..."

I say old chap, that is rather amusing!

#4 Daniel0

Daniel0
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:54 PM

I don't know if it's easier or if Dreamweaver supports it, but there is also Subversion (SVN).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users