Saving data to a page.

jwk811

I need to set up a system somewhat like a cart but that ended up being way to hard for me. Now I think I'm going to settle for something simpler but still need some help with it. I need to have it so someone can click on an item and go.. add to cart, and the item will appear there at all times even when they go to another page and come back to view cart. I think it has to do with sessionss but after all this stuff I've been reading I still can't figure out just how to do this. Well once the customer has all the items in the cart and they go to checkout I want the information to be emailed to me with a mail server which I already know how to do, but that's going to be the difference with the shopping cart thing. For the cart thing I already know that its going to be set up with sessions or cookies or something like that but am very lost with that. Could someone put this in the simplest way for me to do, it would be such a great help. Thanks!

Take a look at:

http://us3.php.net/session

Without you knowing the basics of PHP or how to [color=blue]set/define/use/manipulate/compare[/color] session variables, one would have to write the code for you. Maybe you shouldn't take on such projects without at least some minimal PHP knowledge.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.