Sessions, need code

jwk811

How will I get data using php when I user clicks on a button? I want it so when someone clicks add to cart the item will go to another (their cart) and so will they to check it. I need that data to stay there even when they go to another page and some back. If someone could give me more detailed information that would be great but right now I'm just trying to get this one part down.

You might also need to call session_start() at the top of your page too (before ANY html at all, even blank lines.  If you have trouble, check the thread on header errors).

You might not need to call it, it depends on your php configuration.

Once sessions are active (triggered by session_start()), then any data you place into the $_SESSION[] array will be available between requests.

How will I get that data to the other page? If I have session_start at the top. Then where my button is that says add to cart how will I be able to add that item to the cart? $_SESSION[]... what do i put between the brackets and how to make the info send? Do I add that in the form somehow?

I know that, this was my message.

[quote]How will I get that data to the other page? If I have session_start at the top. Then where my button is that says add to cart how will I be able to add that item to the cart? $_SESSION[]... what do i put between the brackets and how to make the info send? Do I add that in the form somehow?[/quote]

Now how am I going to get this to work?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.