Member's area....?????!?!?!?!?

ghettostickers

Okay, so i already have a signup and login worked, but when people login i want them to go to a "My account" area. I could make that, but i want to make it so it says "Welcome *username!*" And they should earn points on my site, so i want to know when people do something, example, rate a movie, they get like 10 points, i want it to get added to the "My account area" and it says "Your points:10" or whatever. Any help?

Also if you could i want to make it so they can make a profile and when people look them up they can click "view profile" and it'll show what they wanted their profile to be.

uhhhm, ok ill put it into more specific ways....

They login and go to "My Account" page,
it says "Welcome *user*!"
They go and rate a movie, and 10 points get added to their account right away, i dont have to manually do it,
they go and submit a movie, it gets added to the movie page automatically,
they can make a public profile that people can see.

I want to know how my users can do that.

As for the rating part, it is a hardwork for you if you don't know some of the basic PHP coding.
Tleisher's reply is one of example, but it can be repeatly rate. And you have to add some features so that they can only vote once...

The about the public profile, if you are too lazy to figure out. You can try to search around.

[quote author=tleisher link=topic=107040.msg428999#msg428999 date=1157521360]
I won't go into the move upload part but when they rate a movie just have it do something like:

$pts = mysql_query("SELECT `points` FROM `your_table` WHERE `username` = '$user'") or die(mysql_error());
$points = mysql_fetch_array($pts);

$newpoints = $points + 10;
[/quote]

thats really helpful, but would i have to like make a new table for the points or something? i have the users table in my database, but seeing as it says $points, how would i do that?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.