Is this a cookie problem?

I'm getting a strange thing happening on this forum. When I look at a forum the date at the top right of the page shows as being four days ago. When I read an individual thread however, the date shows correctly. This has the effect that all threads in a forum show as having new posts, and when reading the main forum headings each one shows the latest post as being one from four days ago, not from today. Weird! I did have to re-install XP on a new hard drive a few days ago due to hard drive failure, wonder if that has anything to do with it?

EDIT: Well I removed the phpfreaks cookie and nothing changed, so deleted all cookies and the problem is fixed. It just means I now have to log back in to all the other forums I'm on now! Still don't know how it got like that though.

I suggest scanning your PC for adware/malware.  Either that, or your cookie got corrupted somehow.  If you see the problem again, please let us know and we'll look into it further.  Also keep in mind that this site creates more than one cookie, so you may have missed one when you first tried to delete this site's cookie.