HELP PLEASE!! URL Not Found - Apache/1.3.27

debbiek55

Hello,
Here is my problem:  I have built a website through a local site.  I completed the site and contacted the webmaster who transferred my domain name from my old site to the new one.  Now, I can't access the new site.  When I enter the site address:  www.debsellsfast.com - my old site comes up for me but apparently the new site is visable to other computers.  The old site is a free MLS site I tagged on to - if you enter this address and you see a gold/yellow banner on the top with a house and red links on the left side - that is my new site.  I am not able to view that.
In addition:  when I go to my webmasters site and log in (to manage my site) I get the following error message (both on IE and Mozilla):

[b]Not Found
The requested URL/s/slgx was not found on this server
Apache/1.3.27 Server at debsellsfast.com Port 80.[/b]

Can anyone suggest something that will make this work?  I have Windows XP Home, Norton, Charter modem, Linksys wireless router (however I am using the desktop that is connected to the router), Dell 4700 computer. I have spoken with the cable company, disabled all the Norton products, unhooked the router, and spoken with GoDaddy, etc. and nothing works.  Everything worked fine until about 3:00PM on Tuesday and now nothing.  I have emptied my cookies and files and restarted about 50 times.  I also restored my computer to the day before and this message still appears.

Please help me if you can -this is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance
debbiek55

Hi Debbie,

as with other people, I see your new site when I browse to that link. It's not entirely clear from your email what exact steps you've tried, so forgive me if these are things you've already tried:
1. Wait 24 hours (I don't know how long it's been) as DNS servers aroudn the globe sometimes take time to update and point to the new site - you may be accessing the old site via a DNS server that hasn't already updated - unlikely though.
2. Hit F5 (refresh) several times in close succession in case your old site is cached in your browser.
3. Try browsing to a slightly different address which may not have existed on the old site - for instance http://www.debsellsfast.com/home, which is also the home page.

For your login problems, the solution depends on a couple of things. Can you post the link that you use to log onto your webmaster site (obviously not your login details, but just the link that you go to) as that may give us an idea?

Regards,

Al

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.