What do you think?

andyodey

Your RSS feed is not full of "updates", rather a superfluous amount of very random PHP information that shouldn't really be related to your up front site.

The search box overlaps content sometimes, and doesn't look so appealing.

Why does a user need to know their IP? And page ranks are deprecated.

Thanks for your comments.

RSS feeds are taken from the Blog/Library and updates with the latest posts (often daily) that are added there.

What resolution does the search box begin to be a problem? Would it be better somewhere else rather. (top/right?)

The IP address is handy for web developers when you need to know your ip for firewalls etc.

Yes, pagerank needs to go.

What you should do.. is like a rectangle box. Don't collum them..  It'll all be one colum.

You'd have the title of the blog, and then underneath.. a description of the blog maybe? It'll make it clearer for people to see.

Then for the colour, again.. fit in with the template.

Maybe for the title, you could have.. the background as a green or brown colour. Around the description.. a border. I'd say can't go wrong there with flashy colours.

what's with the super tiny font at the bottom:

[super_tiny]Desktop Applications UK | Web Applications UK | Flash Applications UK | AIR Applications UK | Database Applications UK | 2D Games UK | 3D Games UK | 3D Rendering UK | Software Reverse Engineering UK | Web Developer UK[/super_tiny]

you're not trying to cheat Google, are you?  tsk, tsk.

Cheating google? A reputable host tracker has this at the bottom:

keywords: downtime, ping trace, server monitor, tracker, website test, server test, ping traceroute, traceroute ping, ping ip, internet connection test, network connection, dns test, internet speed connection, test website, website testing, speed connection, ping website, check speed, connection test, ping test, connection speed test, trace ip, trace route, bandwidth test, reverse dns lookup, internet connection speed test, test internet speed, traceroute, test speed, internet connection, ip lookup, broadband test, online check, broadband speed test, network tools, nslookup, online tests, ping, reverse lookup, speed test, speedtest, trace, tracert

If you read up on keyword injection, It's been done since the beginning of the SE's existed, They look for content in H1's/etc and stop looking after a certain number of similar keywords without too much penalty.

Anywho..

The page looks much better, although the search box is slightly smaller (On FF) than the top bar just enough to make it look odd, 1/2 size or full would be prefferable but speaking of size, the "Software Services" / "Blog" / "Hide Me" images are a tad too big for appeal.

The blog section looks very nice (uniqueness style/colour contrast wise) but the text isn't the best in readability, especially the harsher reds and blues.

EDIT: Didn't notice the colours changed each time. :P Just the dark dark blue and the maroonish styles.

greenbizkit33: Yes, the other sites where made with a designer as well, I mainly concentrate on the programming and functional side with graphics here and there.

mrMarcus: oni-kun said it.

oni-kun: Thanks, I have corrected the search bar, it really was ugly when I stared at it!

The "Software Services" / "Blog" / "Hide Me" boxes, how about 50% height off them. As I want something immediately on page for usability.

Thank all for your comments.

Yeah, something about the greens being too, er, not too similar but not too different either, I'm not sure how to take that on the blog part.

(lol @ http://www.andrewodendaal.com/worst-websites-of-all-time/)

Your search box looks a bit better, still a smidge off (Atleast in FF) but the overall theme is quite appealing when I look back at it, I like it alot.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.