stand alone program posabilty in php advise please cheers.

redarrow

Hi there all i have been realy hard at work on a dynamic domain program to update the dns server i have aceved it all in php but also used a lot of other programming lanuages to get the full effect the current program is all setup and working well and provides users to get there www.com ect to update to there dynamic ip.

what i need to know is it possable to get php to work like a independent aplication so users can update there ip to my server via there desktop cheers.

if you have any advise in what lanuage then please advise me cheers.

see that the correct webdesign and service i have made but you no the program that the user uses to update the users ip to the server is the program need to design get me cheers.

are you saying that i should redesign there update program lol

thanks for your input m8

You dont need apache to run php. You could also use php-cli and create a deamon on the client. However, having your clients install php-cli (or php-gtk for that matter) just to be able to use your client program is allot of overhead. A better option might be to look at a language like Python where you can build your client application into a stand alone app with no dependency on an underlying environment. Better still, C is perfect for this sort of thing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.