Pear WAMP 2.0 Install trouble!

luminous

I've been battling installing Pear on using a 2.0 Build of WAMP server with PHP 5.3.0 , Winows XP. I've managed to actually install PEAR but when I try to see if it's working (as per this link http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.checking.php) I get the following output :

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Config.php on line 650

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Config.php on line 697

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Config.php on line 757

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Config.php on line 786

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Config.php on line 914

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Config.php on line 1577

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Config.php on line 1607

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Config.php on line 2034

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Config.php on line 2087

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Registry.php on line 322

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Registry.php on line 1425

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Registry.php on line 1433

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Frontend.php on line 91

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Command.php on line 137

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Command.php on line 154

Notice: Undefined index: honorsbaseinstall in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Installer\Role.php on line 180

Notice: Undefined index: honorsbaseinstall in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Installer\Role.php on line 180

Notice: Undefined index: installable in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Installer\Role.php on line 145

Notice: Undefined index: installable in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Installer\Role.php on line 145

Notice: Undefined index: phpfile in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Installer\Role.php on line 212

Notice: Undefined index: phpfile in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Installer\Role.php on line 212

Notice: Undefined index: config_vars in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Installer\Role.php on line 49

Notice: Undefined index: config_vars in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Installer\Role.php on line 49

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Config.php on line 1026

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\PEAR\Config.php on line 1033

Fatal error: Class 'Console_Getopt' not found in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\System.php on line 76

here is the file I'm launching:

<?php

require_once 'System.php';
var_dump(class_exists('System'));
?>

I've read the notice warnings can be solved by turning off the error reporting which means that it can't be the problem. But  what I think the cause is:

Fatal error: Class 'Console_Getopt' not found in C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR\System.php on line 76

I've tried to install the 'Console_Getopt' from the PEAR CLI but it tells me it's already installed...

Anyone else had any trouble with this? Maybe there's a certain PHP extension I need turned on?

Please help me out or I'm going to end up going into cardiac arrest ! :(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.