Hudein.org

Tazerenix

Top menu bar has choppy font and the colours have not the most pleasant contrast to the orange/white below. The content seems to be layed out in a fairly spaced manner, It doesn't look like it has any boundries to the right menu at all, It all looks like it was slapped onto one div.

And for the forums, white text on black is generally considered a bad idea.

it does have a professional kind of feel. but i think the banner being in shades of blue would feel more proffesional. or even mostly gray. dominating warm colors dont feel that professional, the feel kinda giving and homish. I would make that a lot of that orange background a light gray with orange highlights and change the name of the company to the orange color. But thats all my opinion on the orange color. That might be the exact feel he is gong for, professional yet kinda warm and easy.

Another thing that i think might bring it out of the really homestyle feeling is some complementarity colors. try this thing out http://colorschemedesigner.com/  and click compliment. Too me its just too much overpower orange.

also the banner graphic with the graphs feels a little unfinished. to the left of the bars is to blank, but thats just my opinion.

I agree about the straight white text. Give it a hint of another color. EDIT: looks like you added some beige tone. looks good

Top menu bar has choppy font and the colours have not the most pleasant contrast to the orange/white below. The content seems to be layed out in a fairly spaced manner, It doesn't look like it has any boundries to the right menu at all, It all looks like it was slapped onto one div.

And for the forums, white text on black is generally considered a bad idea.

Hmm. So what do you suggest with the side menu? Maybe some margins on the right of the menu to stop the text going so far out?

What font would you suggest for the top menu?

ps: I dont actually run the forum, i will most likely be getting a better theme later. But i'll be fixing the main site first

it does have a professional kind of feel. but i think the banner being in shades of blue would feel more proffesional. or even mostly gray. dominating warm colors dont feel that professional, the feel kinda giving and homish. I would make that a lot of that orange background a light gray with orange highlights and change the name of the company to the orange color. But thats all my opinion on the orange color. That might be the exact feel he is gong for, professional yet kinda warm and easy.

Another thing that i think might bring it out of the really homestyle feeling is some complementarity colors. try this thing out http://colorschemedesigner.com/  and click compliment. Too me its just too much overpower orange.

also the banner graphic with the graphs feels a little unfinished. to the left of the bars is to blank, but thats just my opinion.

I agree about the straight white text. Give it a hint of another color. EDIT: looks like you added some beige tone. looks good

hmm. Would it be better to just include the hudein.org text into the banner and use a more appealing font or...?

Also, from what i can tell my "client" kind of likes the orangy feel, i'll try recreate the page with a more proffessional blue style and see how it looks. Thanks for the advice. Btw, With colorschemedesigner.com apparently a good complimentary color is a pale green? im not sure how that would work.

Thanks for the advice guys

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.