review away

rain91

First off this is beta / still a work in progress, so feel free to critique away ;). 

I also need functionality testing, if you guys can actually use the site a bit, I'd appreciate any feedback or error reports.

I'm sure some of the pages wont validate, and im sure there is some js i can definately get rid of, so remember, critique more on usability, looks, functionality.

[b]########## THE LINK ##################
[url=http://www.BilliardBuyer.com/wip]http://www.BilliardBuyer.com/wip[/url]
###################################[/b]

Thanks in advance for all the critisizm I'm about to recieve ;).

Zach M.

I'm almost inclined to believe this is a pre-made layout. If it isn't, consider that a great compliment! There are a few places where the text is simply too small (10px and below gets to be hard to read, especially up around the shopping cart and in the product descriptions. It seems  you should have the space to accomodate default larger text.

Also, you may want to try a few effects to busy up your title and logo area. The colors aren't the best match for the rest of the site, but this is just me being nit-picky.

[quote author=rain91 link=topic=107165.msg429626#msg429626 date=1157589705]

R_P: This is 100% from scratch (Design & system/code) its a complete cms system, scalable to any product type / options / specs / etc. 

Jcombs31: I used authorize.net and wrote my own class using SSL/Curl

[/quote]

Thanks, i think authorize.net gives  alot of info on making connection yes?  Is it relatively straightforward?

[quote author=jcombs_31 link=topic=107165.msg429629#msg429629 date=1157589837]
Thanks, i think authorize.net gives  alot of info on making connection yes?  Is it relatively straightforward?
[/quote]

Yes, they have a very good manual.  Let me know before you get an authorize.net account so I can get a tiny % for referring you :).

[quote author=rain91 link=topic=107165.msg429635#msg429635 date=1157590157]
[quote author=jcombs_31 link=topic=107165.msg429629#msg429629 date=1157589837]
[/quote]

Yes, they have a very good manual.  Let me know before you get an authorize.net account so I can get a tiny % for referring you :).
[/quote]

I'm also looking into payment gateways! Does authorize.net also provide the merchant account for deposits or is that getting routed to the bank? I know with the paypal packages, you can also get a merchant account.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.