Who here is female?

Re321

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting things when others who are comprehensible in such won't, Try solving atleast 5 people's threads a day, then you can say that over me. Although agitating me when you're stating something so broad and biased doesn't get anywere, so have you learned.

but you'd just reply with some smart-arsed remark

Posting things when others who are comprehensible in such won't, Try solving atleast 5 people's threads a day, then you can say that over me. Although agitating me when you're stating something so broad and biased doesn't get anywere, so have you learned.

Q.E.D. :shy:

It takes two to tango. If my posts are truly annoying to you, then I apologise profusely as that is not the intention. :shy:

"Don't try to argue with idiots. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

-- Someone whose name I can't be bothered to look up.

Show my manly numbers compared to yours?
Erm, sure. I'd say "quality over quantity" but you'd just reply with some smart-arsed remark, so lets stick with "erm, sure." :shy:

Sorry I disagree not all who carry the Guru status deliver quality. I also don't understand how someone with very little posts can be promoted a Guru when his worth has yet to be proven (more on that follows).

Actually, I don't understand the entire badge system as your promotion should follow your achievements in the community as in "how many people have you truly helped?" instead you get promoted by people who merely represent the community.

IMO is a badge system a wrong solution to this problem (or the term Guru because of it's technical meaning) because those who receive the Guru status feel a certain pressure as their answers should be of equal quality all-the-time (not a problem of course for those that deliver the same quality most of the time). It also means that the ones who promoted him gain a certain power over that person which in turn means that he will be nice to however promoted him and possibly agree without questioning (not all of course there are exceptions but some have no spine and will just worship the promoter). What I'm trying to say is that a parent-child relation in a community is not a good thing.

Personally, I like being badge-free as it allows me to reply without boundaries (and screw-up/learn as I go). Some forums apply a karma-system and I like it because your karma-level reflects how good or how bad you truly are in helping others which should be your eventual goal, to help. Not to impress.

It takes two to tango. If my posts are truly annoying to you, then I apologise profusely as that is not the intention. :shy:

"Don't try to argue with idiots. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

That would be my name :)

ignace, thank you for the insight; while off-topic, discussions like that are always welcome and could well be something for those responsible for looking after the community to consider and look into in the future.  It might be worth opening a dedicated thread on the subject to see what everyone things of the current system and perhaps any improvements along those lines.

P.S. Still no girlies!

That would be my name :)

Unless you meant the person who said it originally (which apparently was said by Mark Twain). Another I like is

Never argue with an idiot. Bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

Source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090827000845AA5iTLE

@Salathe, It's common sense, While you're going off topic yourself to not speak to him directly in a PM , I don't know. This place obviously has too many nonsensical values and obstructions to make it, "Ideally productive". I agree lectural thoughts on abolishing the badge system for what it impedes on a so called pseudosociety. This and most threads that are but a very valid example of the end results.

We're having a conversation, a couple of off-topic posts in the miscellaneous forum never hurt anyone. I did not suggest starting a new thread to rid this one of off-topic posts, but to have a convenient place to archive such a discussion; such is the nature of the system here.  As for the notion of being "ideally productive", I am not sure that was ever of any concern here. We're here to chat, in one form or another, not to be entirely focussed on getting things done.

P.S. Now it's just the same non-girlies posting.  :-\

We're here to chat, in one form or another, not to be entirely focussed on getting things done.

Moderation should be completely transparent to the enduser, unless of course some tyranic complex is in order, Sir! Badges? Useless flash so people may see this, Place, Is under order. Although the opposite is observed once someone observes it first hand. The use of someone trying to find a "promoted" member is deprecated by passive contribution and moderation features. Badges are rendered and render it all pointless.

Lets look at all the posts you've done over the.. Year? You sure as hell weren't presenting yourself so "flashy" and redundant full of useless filler than before, Maybe you should conform to it.

It's 7am, I'd rather get some sleep than debate some mundane ideal to people who couldn't change anything if they wanted. Everyone is right in multiple ways, so you can assume it will not get anywhere. Keep the badge system, Make the owner happy, Then it's all okay, Alright?