turn based mafia type browser game.

KruSuPhy

You guys know those mafia games like themafiaboss.com and whatnot? I've seen a couple that look almost exactly alike, and I was wondering if that meant there was some sort of source code available for download. i looked around the net and couldn't find one, but i didn't know if yousguys would know where I could find one if there's one to be found. I've been interested in programming one of these games to help better my php skills. I learn better if i can work on a project and read from it, and that's a project i was wanting to find.

If you browse these forums you'll see that, there's someone wanting help with creating their own mafia game every second day or so. Somehow poeple think they can do better than original and earn tons of money. It wouldn't surprise me if there were actually companies selling source, just as there are companies selling matrix scheme scripts (ever wondered why they sell those, instead of participating in such a scheme?)

I think he's wanting to do it for the learning curve as opposed to earn tons of cash. Personally I'd go for something a little different, more obscure and varied. Those games just look like development would turn into the most repetitive, tedious chore.

I don't personally know of any available, but Google looks promising.

I think he's wanting to do it for the learning curve as opposed to earn tons of cash.

His primary motivation is surely the learning curve (I think, he did mention willing to buy it) the underlying motivation is the money he could possibly earn with it. I almost know for a fact that he will implement some sort of mechanism where loosers players can buy their way to the top.

I have played mafia wars for a while until some level 5 hits you with 3-times your defense, while reading the attack-log I noticed he had ALL epic weapons (which you can only get from the in-game store) 50-times (the number of mafia friends he had) I had over 300 and all were well equipped with weapons you get from loot-drops or could buy from the game (and have lowsy defense or offense).

I really hate games that favor people who spend real money. Like battlefield heroes, has been fun for a while until EA noticed their ROI was going slow and thought they should support their low-lifes, hackers, .. euhm players more.

Gaming isn't what it used to be I play COD:WOW now and then, the number of people that get banned for cheating in one session is almost 75% of what joined the server (don't mind my exaggeration here I just want to point out a lot of people get caught and banned). Or whiners on how he thinks you are such a big cheater and then starts a kick-spam against you. I die too, I have had a 3/50 k/d ratio but do you hear me complain? Move along, there are bigger problems in this world.

I think he's wanting to do it for the learning curve as opposed to earn tons of cash.

His primary motivation is surely the learning curve (I think, he did mention willing to buy it) the underlying motivation is the money he could possibly earn with it. I almost know for a fact that he will implement some sort of mechanism where loosers players can buy their way to the top.

I have played mafia wars for a while until some level 5 hits you with 3-times your defense, while reading the attack-log I noticed he had ALL epic weapons (which you can only get from the in-game store) 50-times (the number of mafia friends he had) I had over 300 and all were well equipped with weapons you get from loot-drops or could buy from the game (and have lowsy defense or offense).

I really hate games that favor people who spend real money. Like battlefield heroes, has been fun for a while until EA noticed their ROI was going slow and thought they should support their low-lifes, hackers, .. euhm players more.

Gaming isn't what it used to be I play COD:WOW now and then, the number of people that get banned for cheating in one session is almost 75% of what joined the server (don't mind my exaggeration here I just want to point out a lot of people get caught and banned). Or whiners on how he thinks you are such a big cheater and then starts a kick-spam against you. I die too, I have had a 3/50 k/d ratio but do you hear me complain? Move along, there are bigger problems in this world.

I know how you feel man.

Especially in those FTP games, like war rock, or Allods Online, players that pay for the game get a very large advantage over those who don't, which is really unfair.

I know aye, the cheek of it! Accepting money for their hard-work at your (free) gaming loss.. Bastards!

That's not the point. If they want to make money with their game, FINE. I regularly buy games through Steam or EA Download Manager and I am more then willing to pay for a game. But if you deploy your game as FREE, it should be FREE *OR* no item that can be bought should be able to influence gameplay. Instead they FORCE you to spend money (or don't and lose). Like a *magic* helmet which is an alias for GOD mode, a full clip in the back of his head couldn't get him down (OR their was nothing in his skull to stop the bullets) and he only noticed I stood behind him when I changed clips.

Ignace, I do agree with you mostly, excluding the part that games that claim to be free should be completely free. Advertisments do not go far at all, and they need some form of income. Perhaps 1-10$ a month, but outside of that small subscription fee, I do agree with you.

Well.. Don't play it then?

Yeah I already don't play most of them. I just like to check most games out, see what they have been cooking :)

excluding the part that games that claim to be free should be completely free

FREE = FREE, period. I don't ask money from people that come to ask for help here, I don't charge companies if they use my open-source script.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.