Make a link a POST value...? *SOLVED*

pocobueno1388

Is there any way you can turn a link such as:
[code]
<a href="page_name.php">Blah</a>
[/code]

Into a $_POST value? What I am trying to do is secure my users shop.php script. Users are able to put items up for sale into a shop, and they can edit the prices when they click on the picture of the item. I am trying to disable other users from being able to update items in shops that arn't theres. The only way I can do that is to clear all the $_GET values in the URL. Or if there was a way to hide the $_GET  values in the URL to everyone, yet I was able to get the values from them, that would work fine, but I have never heard of that.

When they click on an item to edit, I am using the $_GET information to pull out the information in the database. The item they click on is obviously an image link, so I would like to change the URL of the link so I don't have to put $_GET values in the URL for other users to change. Usually I can block people out of things like this, but I didn't plan enough before I started coding and got trapped...so there is no way to keep people away from others items with the GET values in the URL.

I know I could just make an submit button that can bring them to the edit page, but I want to keep the page as clean as possible, and I already have a couple of buttons. If this can't be fixed, I will just have to do that.

Any help will be very appreciated.

[code]<form method=" ... whatever ..." method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="product_id" value="<?php echo $product_id;?>"/>
<input type="image" name="submit" src="<?php echo $the_product_image_name_and_path;?>" border="0"/>
</form>[/code]

The product_id and image name will comes from your database (I guess)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.