RSCEmulation

Kryptix

My first thought: It takes way too long to load.

It also looks very boring and dated.  Black and gray would've been edgy in 1999.  Now?  It's a tired look.  I also found it hard to read with that color combination.

There aren't any structural issues.  I just find it to be forgettable overall.

It loads instantly for me although we are on a DDoS protection package which basically validates every incoming connection, if you're opening a new connecting sometimes it can take 1-5 seconds but after it's open it will load as quick as any other site.

Regarding the design comment, I guess that's just down to opinion as everyone I've shown loved it. But meh, thanks for your comment.

why protect against ddos unless you are having problems with ddos attacking you. those 5 seconds could scare away a lot of people.

The text is too dark, cant read it very well.

Your nav effect takes too long. i feel like im waiting for the links.

I think something simple like rounded corners and a different font could make your site look much more modern.

why protect against ddos unless you are having problems with ddos attacking you. those 5 seconds could scare away a lot of people.

Where did I say I'm not having issues with DDoS attacks? Why would I pay for DDoS protection if I wasn't? :confused:

That's for your design comment but in all due respect, have you seen your own site? You too have slow loading thingy (I have no-idea what to call it) on the left and I really wouldn't describe your site as modern... Also, clicking a picture on your site took literally 10 seconds to load, and a further 10 seconds when skipping to the next one.

It's like me saying "I hate black and grey designs!" when I have one myself. :-\

Anyway, cheers for your comment.

i can read, can you?. Can you read? read this.

It loads instantly for me although we are on a DDoS protection package which basically validates every incoming connection, if you're opening a new connecting sometimes it can take 1-5 seconds but after it's open it will load as quick as any other site.

You say your on a DDoS protection package? Turn off your DDos protection package because its going to deter visitors. Especially if you dont have any problems with DDoS at the moment. Which i doubt you do because you probably have no traffic to your site, much less someone trying to take your site down.

I dont know whats confusing about this to you. But i think you need an attitude adjustment. People here are trying to help you. No need to be so rude.

you have your site on shared hosting with other sites? Mind sharing the other site which has DDoS issues? Im pretty curious.

Which service are you paying for to protect you?

Also for seeming a bit rude myself on that last post. Just got done with a semi heated debate with a client when i read this thread.

you have your site on shared hosting with other sites? Mind sharing the other site which has DDoS issues? Im pretty curious.

Which service are you paying for to protect you?

Also for seeming a bit rude myself on that last post. Just got done with a semi heated debate with a client when i read this thread.

The 4 sites that are on the dedicated server belong to me. They're all mine and it's my dedicated server. I have 4gB/s DDoS protection with Staminus Communications.

Our largest attack to date was 3.8gB/s but we regularly see 2gB/s+ attacks.

graphattackphp.png

wow, 4gb attacks are pretty massive. which site is being attacked? or are they just using the ip?

RSCEmulation is what gets attacked. If we're down players are looking for other servers to play which is why they do it. Sad really, but whatever... It costs a fortune to protect about large attacks too.

• 5 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.