Script to validate both date and time formats?

Moron

Users like to enter dates in so many different formats that I've always found the best solution to date/time entry is to give them a 'date picker' that places their selection into a text box on the form.  If they then decide to fool around with what's in the text box, they get what they deserve.  Meanwhile, users with IQs higher than room temperature will appreciate the ease of data entry provided by a date picker.

http://www.rainforestnet.com/datetimepicker.htm is excellent

[quote author=AndyB link=topic=107380.msg430977#msg430977 date=1157758553]
Users like to enter dates in so many different formats that I've always found the best solution to date/time entry is to give them a 'date picker' that places their selection into a text box on the form.  If they then decide to fool around with what's in the text box, they get what they deserve.  Meanwhile, users with IQs higher than room temperature will appreciate the ease of data entry provided by a date picker.

http://www.rainforestnet.com/datetimepicker.htm is excellent
[/quote]

I'm already using a popup calendar date picker. It works great, but as you implied, it's just a matter of time before someone decides to enter it "manually" and gets it wrong. Right now there is NO validation on these fields except that they can't be left blank. You can enter anything, even a string like askdnvioweh as the date and it'll go as long as it's not blank.

Bump.

Anybody seen a script like this? I'm finding everything BUT what I'm looking for.

Some calculate date differences. Don't need that.

Some allow standard or military time. Don't need military.

Some validate everything under the sun INCLUDING what I'm looking for, but crash if I try to modify them.

All I need is:

[b]Start Date:[/b] Must be mm/dd/yyyy format.
[b]Start Time:[/b] Must be hh:mm format. No military time, no GMT, no AM/PM.
[b]End Date:[/b] Must be mm/dd/yyyy format.
[b]End Time:[/b] Must be hh:mm format. No military time, no GMT, no AM/PM.
[b]Total Hours:[/b] Can't be left blank.

Anybody seen something similar without a bazillion features I don't need?

I use a date picker also and they way I keep users from manipulating it is take make the INPUT field read only. Like this:

[code]<INPUT id="date" style="WIDTH: 75px" type="text" name="date" value="" title="Year-Month-Day Format." readOnly>[/code]

The date picker drops the selected value right in the box, but the user cannot make a change to it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.