ZipArchive usage on linux

drewdall

Hello All,

I've developed a script (using ZipArchive, calling addFile etc) to create a zip file on my little Windows server running xampp. Everything fine, I get a file called harry.zip, albeit a largish 130MB.

But when I port the script to a linux (debian 5.2.6) machine, and use it to generate a zip from exactly the same set of files, the script produces 2 files, of the form harry.zip.XXXXXX, where XXXXXX is a seemingly random set of six alphanumerics. Both files are over 100MB each! When I download these file to my Windows pc, 7Zip is unable to read them.

Why are 2 files produced, and why the funny extension? What am I doing wrong, and can anybody tell me how to do it right, so that on linux I end up with a single zip?

Thank you for your time and attention. Regards.

Just been reading up a bit more and found out about ZipArchive::addFile() bug which imposes a limit on the number of files you can add to an archive, the workaround being to close/reopen the archive to continue adding more files, which I now do every 100 files and it's fixed it, inasmuch as I now get a complete, single zip file. The only remaining issue is that the process leaves one of those intermediate harry.zip.XXXXXX files hanging around, but I guess I can live with that. Cheers!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.