Help a friend! Please review my site. www.mailbagmedia.com

mailbagmedia

Hi Everyone,

I recently finished building my website (www.mailbagmedia.com), and I would really appreciate your feedback on the following...

1) Does the home page, and the how it works page do a good job of explaining what the service offers?

2) Do you think the home page text and audio message will make people take action (sign up as a member), or is something missing?

3) What do you think about the service being offered. Do you think it will appeal to a wide audience?

4) What about the website design? Is the site appealing? What do you like, What do you not like?

Any feedback you can provide would be really appreciated, and I look forward to responding to your reviews, and your advice.

Thanks,

Brian

First, turn off the automatic audio!  If I hadn't gone to it to check it out and review it, I would've closed the page in less than a second. 

The main blurb is too long.  Try to shorten it up to make it more concise, larger font, easier/faster to read.  Perhaps a diagram illustrating how it works?  The website looks nice, but for some reason it gives me a feeling of something sketchy/not very trustworthy.  Seems too "early-2000s corporate-looking" for an entertainment site that should be fun, intuitive, and easy to use.  Anyway, to answer the questions

1)  No.  It explains it well, but takes too long, I and probably most others don't have the patience to read it all through to understand what it is.  Get your point across QUICKLY, get them interested, then let them delve into the details.  Make stuff more concise. 

2) No, the audio pisses me off, and i'm sure many others.  Make it optional to listen to, and not necessary to understand what it is. 

3) I don't really understand.  Basically, it's like a peer to peer books/cds/dvds sharing club, but you get paid for the stuff you share?

4) Seems to clean and like I said, too "corporate looking" for an entertainment site.  Also the design seems a bit out of date. 

Tom

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.