How to upload a mySql Database to a Web Server

jeva39

Is the first time I work with mySql and I create a DB for testing. I need to upload this DB from my computer to the server (1hostPlan) but I don't know where is located the Database file or what is the file that I need to upload.

I install mySql in C:\mySql

Thanks!!

if you have phpmyadmin on your machine use the EXPORT button located in the menu across teh top of teh screen. This will create a .sql file.

Then goto phpmyadmin on your server and there will either be an IMPORT link (again at the top). Or on teh SQL link there will be a section at the bottom of teh from with somethink like import freom file - hit browse, locate file and hit GO.

I have problem with phpMyAdmin. I install phpMyAdmin and configure with this config.inc.php file:

[code]<?php
$i=0;
$i++;
$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'http://localhost/phpMyAdmin';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']          = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']      = 'mypassword';
?> [/code]

When I try to use, appears the [b]Connect to localhost [/b] window but don't accept User/Password and never permit access the app. What is wrong?

Finally, In fact I have created the [b]database.sql[/b]. I did with the command line of mySql. It is the this file that I must to upload?. If phpMyAdmin does not work for me, how I can to send the file to my server?

Thanks for your time...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.