Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

proctk

href include

Below is code that I'm trying to use to include a page if a link is clicked from some reason it does not wany ideas why

[code=php:0]
<p><a href="lost_pw.php" onClick="<? include 'last_pw.php';?>"> Get new Password</a></p>

[/code]

personally, i do include tags like

<?php include('last_pw.php'); ?>

php runs on your server [b]before[/b] the generated code is sent to your browser. html/javascript runs on the client (your computer). You can't run php on your client, so the onClick include stuff just isn't going to work.  You'll need to direct the lost password to a NEW file.

ops thanks for pointing out my error however it still just rediects me to the next page

updated code
[code=php:0]
<p><a href="lost_pw.php" onClick="<?php include('last_pw.php');?>">Get new Password</a></p>
[/code]

Right. The include isn't going to happen and clicking the link is just going to take you to lost_pw.php.

Perhaps what you can work with is passing a value in the link ...

[code]<a href="lost_pw.php?help=now">lost pw</a>[/code]

And then in lost_pw.php - all on its own as a file - retrieve the value of $help from the $_GET array.  If $help =="now" you'll know you arrived there from the link above and THEN you can include the last_pw.php file

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.