MYSQL database uploading

baber_abbasi

Hi,

I am having problem in uploading \"MYSQL database tables\" from my hard drive to a web site.

I am given with username and password and also database availability.

Please give me comments to solve this problem.

Thanking you,

Baber N. Abbasi

baber_abbasi@yahoo.co.uk

Iklekid, you make a good note. and I would like to bring to attention a little something to everyone posting, (or at least the people who are going to read this post.) If you want us to help you, please be as descript as you can. What is the issue here? Is baber not able to backup or does baber not know how to backup? These are two very different issues.

Please baber, tell us what the question is.

Do you not know who to make the backup?

or are you getting errors while trying to back up.

I have taked hosting that support PHP and MYSQL.

The problem I am having is I never uploaded MYSQL fucntioned site before. You can say its new to me to upload database driven site having MYSQL support.

What I want to know is how should my databse including tables and their data will be loaded on the site.

I hope now the problem is explained in detail and do let me know if it\'s not clearer to you.

Please help me solve this problem.

Thanks

Do you have Phpmyadmin installed on your webhost? If not i recommend you get it!

Once in there you can manage all of your tables instantly!

To do what you are saying in uploading a table with data then you can simply copy and past the text inside the .sql file into phpmyadmin or upload the file! It will then run and bingo you have your database up :-)

Hi iklekid

Thanks for ur help.

Phymyadmin is installed on the web site. Tell me how should I upload table already created in MYSQL. Should I need to copy and paste and database files from the hard drive or I have to write sql commands in my script.

Please comment.

Thanks again

ok go to phpmyadmin Create a databs (unless you already have one) if so from the drop down list on the left select the databse.

When the new page loads go to SQL

You will see a large text box either paste the contents of .sql file into there (open the file with notepad) or clcik on browse and select the file from your hard drive! then clcik run! It will then execute the commands in the .sql file and install the tables and data into your databse!

Iklekid

PS would be wise to back up any of your databses jsut in case you make a mistake :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.