[BASIC] SQL connection / instertion / download function

Albireo

Hello,

I have to say at the beginning, that I am not a PHP/MySQL developer (I'm a XHTML/CSS expert) but would like to learn a few basic things.

Today, I want to write a basic function that would add values to a MySQL database.

- name

- email

- company

(This fields exist in the MySQL structure)

I have an HTML file with the form, but the only thing is I don't know how to establish a connection with the MySQL database and add records. I know it's simple, so can anyone help me with this? Your help is very much appreciated!

The purpose of this script is to allow users to download a file in exchange of their contact details. And since there is a file to be downloaded, can you tell me what should I use in my PHP code to automatically download a file after insterting data into the database?

Thank you!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.