Enable MySQL Support in PHP5!

Please does anyone have any ideas, I am banging my head against a wall, seems I have done all that is mentioned and still cant get php to communicate with mySQL - mys system info is
PHP - 5.1.4
mySQL - 5.0
Appache 2.2.3
Windows XPSP2

I have updated my php.ini, set up the extension_dir = c:\php\ext  (yes this path exists), uncommented extension=php_myql.dll.
placed the php.ini in my windows directory (just incase)as I updated my environment variable path to include c:\php, and this is confirmed when viewing my phpinfo. Copied the libmysql.dll to my windows directory, also put it in the system32 directory just to be sure. Made sure I stopped and restarted the server, heck I even shut down windows and restarted just to be sure..
Should I use another version of appache.
I know this has been posted many times but have been through all of recommended changes and cant seem to fix this issue.

Hope some one can help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
myself I don't put in it the Windows Dirs

when installing php I copy all the DLLs from the PHP folder to the Apache's bin folder as well as the php.ini file

and like vbnullchar said...you need
to put
extension_dir = c:/php/ext
in your Apache's http.conf file
try it that way and restart Apache and see how it goes....

• 1 month later...
I'm having the same sort of issue. I'm creating my own WAMP because others aren't quite what I'm looking for. I've got everything working, except that I can't get the php extension to work. I've modified php.ini with extension_dir to ="./ext/" and have commented out both php_mysql.dll and php_mysqli.dll extensions, and also copied them to the root php dir. Everything suggested in this thread has been tried (well, almost).

Using: php 5.2.0 and mysql 5.1.14-beta

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.