Encoding web links

mostwantedunm

[b]Hello i need help to encoding links .... like i saw many websites having links in their website like this www.website.com/?=hello.php or www.website.com/?area=contactus&ext=php and like this too www.website.com/index.php?=contact.php ... I need this module or something in my HTML based website please help thanks and let thee answer know @unm90@hotmail.com or on this forum thanks![/b]

I'm not sure what the good news is, but the bad news is that a 'module' doesn't exist and that if you have an html-based web site, then php isn't going to be much use to you.

Perhaps you could explain [b]why[/b] you think you need to do this as well.

With encoding links you just need to have a normal hyperlink point to www.domain.com/index.php?whatever=blah. Within the PHP have something like:
[code]$link = $_REQUEST['whatever'];

include $link.'.php';[/code]

That's the simplest way of doing it. There are more complicated ways which include using a database to check that the page exists etc.

You will however need to use a .php page and not just a standard .htm or .html.

Hope that helps,
Cold

[quote author=coldkill link=topic=107471.msg431238#msg431238 date=1157822305]
With encoding links you just need to have a normal hyperlink point to www.domain.com/index.php?whatever=blah. Within the PHP have something like:
[code]$link = $_REQUEST['whatever'];

include $link.'.php';[/code]

That's the simplest way of doing it. There are more complicated ways which include using a database to check that the page exists etc.

You will however need to use a .php page and not just a standard .htm or .html.

Hope that helps,
Cold
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.... Please explain me by giving an example page thankyou very much... please mail me [b]REMOVED BY OBER[/b] THANKS!

Please note: your thread title has been changed.  Please do not use ALL CAPS to make your thread stand out.  Also, it is unnecessary to bold all of your responses.

Also, please do not request emails to yourself from these forums.  The help should remain in this thread or on these boards.  Your email address has been removed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.