Backslashes

rshadarack

Hi, rshadarack,

Sounds like a client side issue, so you could alway write some javascript to do it ... but ...

the problem with replacing them in the client's html side is they're turned back into backslashes when it transfers to the server.

Your real problem, as you can guess, is that once in the server side they can be stripped out depending on your PHP ini settings.  I'm not much of a sys-admin type, but there are some others here that can probably point you in the right direction.

Jeff

You may be right tleisher,

but without his code, I just guessed that he's having a problem retrieving the '\' on the php side.  before he could get to it with a str_replace().

Maybe I missunderstood. 

If so, appologies rshadarack.

Otherwise, I'm thinking the problem is he's got magic_quotes or some such set to muddle with his form input strings.

Like I said, could be wrong...

Jeff

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.