Advanced PHP

ChaosKnight

Is there books available about the most advanced PHP topics, such as e-mail piping, PHP shell, using C with PHP, etc.? I hear a lot of PHP experts talking about thing like those, and that makes me feel like somewhere along the line I missed something that I should have known already...

Email piping: Add something like daniel: "|/path/to/some/script.php" to /etc/aliases, run newaliases and then I can read emails to "daniel" from STDIN in that script. It hasn't really got anything to do with PHP, but more with how you setup a mail server.

PHP shell: You mean like this. You just run your script by typing php script.php instead of going to http://localhost/script.php. That part of the manual contains the differences between the SAPIs.

Using C with PHP: What's that supposed to mean?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.