no-include

GeorgeMoney

Can you give a bit more detail about your situation?

You can certainly say

[code]if (some test) {
  require_once('file.php');
}[/code]

But it sounds like you want something not so straightforward?  Are you trying to detect the name of the script which is including a particular file, from within that included file?

Basically I have one index.php file. On the index.php file there is something like:
[code]<?php
require_once "includes.php";
starts();
editbutton();
if(isset($_GET['images'])) {
require_once "images.php";
} elseif(isset($_GET['contact'])) {
require_once "contactus.php";
} else {
require_once "main.php";
}
?>[/code]

The editbutton() checks if the user is logged in and adds an editbutton on top linking to a file editor if they are logged in. I also want to have the editbutton on main.php itself, so if the user wants to edit that they can easily.

But if I do that, then I have the editbutton from main.php and the editbutton from index.php both on index.php. I want it to only use index.php's edit button on index.php and main.php's edit button on main.php. Is this possible?

You could set a variable.  Variables set in index.php can be seen by main.php.  For example

[code]... } else {
  $editbutton_displayed = true;
  require_once "main.php";
}

And in main.php:

if ($editbutton_displayed != true) {
  editbutton();
}[/code]

Another name for the variable could be "$in_index_php", which might be more appropriate.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.