How to prevent email from being sent to junkmail??

evon83

Hello everyone!

i have been testing the mail() function...
and it can be sent to my email address successully !
However, it keeps on goin to my junk mail??!!!

how to make it like goin to my iinbox instead of junk mail??!
cuz i need it to do my club member page!
thanks!

hope to hear from you guys real soon!!

cheers!

Hey with the mail function (this is off topic but...) I cant seem to get the parameter for the mailserver port to work. Do you have an actual mail server or are you just using a standard ISP address or even hotmail or something like that. And what port do as pass if i am using a standard ISP email address?

- Cheers, Daniel

sending mail to a free service has got the spam folder set as it is designed to catch messages that you didnt set in the address as a member.

so users say that using all sorts of headers will let the mail comein as a non spam email but it's not true it will be setup via an admin of the free email service soory i dont think there is such a way to get all mail sent to a free service as not a spam email.

if you lookup google your find meny say diffrent but in the long run if the php mail function works where ever it goes then your ok.

good luck.

so it means there's no way to send those mail directly to inbox instead of junk mail??
cuz before that they have registered their details and stuff.....

at first they have been notified...
and the second email will be sent to them tellin that they are the official member...
so i have tested the second email

but still sent to junk mail????
how to handle that???

If your script is located on the domain mysite.com (for example) then the 'from' address in the email headers would need to be someone@mysite.com.  Some servers may check outgoing mail sent via mail() to ensure that the from address really exists, i.e. that someone has actually established that email address not just invented it.  Some email receivers may reject or junk incoming email with an invalid 'from' address or if they don't have a reply-to: address.  It's all in the manual; it's all in the notes in the manual.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.