wysiwyg

jaymc

Im building a CMS (content management system) for my customers to manage their website

I use http://ckeditor.com/demo to control the page content which for me is great, but then again i 9 times out of 10 go into raw source code view and make the changes that way.

However, the type of people that will be using it to edit and add content/pages are not web designers. Their experience in this type of thing starts and ends with the likes of Microsoft Word / Publisher. Mainly click and drag type approach

In other words, very simple things like aligning elements left and right with maybe something in the centre to, with text wrapped around it is not so easy even with a wysiwyg

Is there any other framework out there that can be plugged into a textarea and give them easy and flexiable control of content and designing pages.

Microsoft publisher is as close as I can give as an example. You literally just drag and drop elements which allows you pin point precision on how your page will look, even if your a novice.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.