help! blank pages returned!!

lokiexinferis

Hi,

I jsut intalled the latest XAMPP version on a freshly installed Windows 2000 Professional Edition machine. There are no additional programs other than what's included in XAMP 1.5.3a.

I had a server before and i migrated all the files over, so i was in teh process of testing to make sure everything works, and sure enough, when i look at things from my network, using an IP like 192.168.0.5, it works just fine, all the pages load, and if i try to log into a place that's password protected, it works fine, glitch free.

However, once i go from the outside, using either just my IP address of my domain name (http://www2.chaotic-system.net:9000), I can view normal pages jsut fine. The problem comes up when i try to log into somewhere. For example, if i try to log into phpMyAdmin, it just takes me to a blank page after i hit submit. I also have an album on the server (http://www2.chaotic-system.net:9000/album), and when i try to log in, it also just takes me to a blank page.

I have looked through the apache log files, and no errors are returned, and teh access.log file gives a 200 code, so it thinks it did it's job. I've spent hours on this issue already, and can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem. Please help me in any way you can, even if it's just a link to ask somewhere else! Thanks

What is running on port 9000? Apache? Did you configure it run on that or is it another web service? Are you using Linux or Windows? By loggin in, do you mean by apache authentication? The more details you can provide, the better we can diagnose your problem!

Yes, apache is running on port 9000, it's a workaround to my ISP blocking 80 and 8080. This is running on Windows 2000 Professional Edition, and by logging in, i mean i have a form coming up inw hich you enter a username and password, and when you press submit, it sends the data using the POST method to make sure that the username and password supplied are correct. It's a basic membership system, really. It really makes no difference if it tries to access a configuration.php file somewhere, or a MySQL database, the results are the same.

Sounds like this may be more of a PHP/HTTP-POST problem. When you submit the login form, does it take you to a blank url? Or to a blank page at the URL where data should be? Have you tried viewing source and is the source blank also? Does this only occur with login pages, or any form that uses the POST method?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.