Critique it !!

jurass1c

http://whiteshabu.com

BETA version for a project i have been working on. I still learning PHP/MySQL and this website wouldn't be where it is today without the help of PHP Freaks members. I have had allot of help here and very thankful to all. Best viewed in ofcourse Firefox and on a Mac ;) heh.

The site still has bugs and is under development (when i find the time) but has allot of potential, . 

Critique Me !!

Also feel free to sign up, download or stream the small selection (but growing) database of albums and movies.

Also for the members who like to b1tch about the "type" of website it is, you can polish a shaft.

i dunno know. the images look fine to me, maybe you fixed them... the disney font from the logo was a interesting decision lol.

your not worried about pirating issues. i thought many times hosting copyrighted material. did once and last like 3 months before all them was deleted

loopholes..... See none of the content provided is hosted on the server, its all just indexed hyper-linking.  Hyper-linking is completely legal in the country where the website is located and the host has approved this type of website. Much like p2p and torrent software "http" when "indexing" is classified as "Shared information"  thus if any anti piracy corporation will have to contact the service which contains the provided content whiteshabu links to as the website does not control what is made available from services such as rapidshare, hotfile etc etc its all user submitted. I have a pretty well written disclaimer and terms of use which i was using but for now have disabled just to generate more traffic, in 2 months the site has reached over 200 members so its going well. Any anti piracy corporation would have to go after software giants like Limewire before they come after me, key to making these "type" of sites work is pretty much treating the service as you would any service and not hosting or pirating yourself.

I get what you are saying about the images and im working on that right now... The only browsers that wont output correctly are older browsers and ofcourse pathetic Internet Explorer (the developers of IE should be shot)

well they look fine to me too, but maybe someone with older operating system like xp. I use linux and it looks ok. You may not make them smaller as well the images are not huge, while you keep the aspect/relation the same the image will not be distorted.

yeah, deff not a fan of divx. The whole movie stream section is just an idea seeing where it can go. I was considering the idea to just provide links to the movies and not the actual Embed code, this will allow an easier method, i could use a nice Ajax/jQuery add on (tweak it up) and direct the users to the actual source of the Movies but without the need to leave the website (using shadowbox etc etc)

Really do appreciate the feedback and i hope people find it useful. Any other idea's would be great.

But the front page does clearly state what the site is about

Not really.

WhiteShabu.com provides Music Album downloads and High Quality Movie streams via indexed hyperlink from various file and video hosting services. Please ensure you have DivX web player and the latest version of flash installed aswell as Javascript enabled prior to using the provided content. If you are interested in joining the Admin please email whiteshabu@gmail.com

Music Album's and HQ Movie streams buy? legal? Most users won't even know they are watching copyrighted material.

"WhiteShabu.com provides Music Album downloads and High Quality Movie streams via indexed hyperlink from various file and video hosting services." seems pretty clear to me, very first sentance

^^ - Exactly

Ignace just likes to make judgment on something he literally knows nothing about. Im sure you have used torrent and p2p sharing software ignace and what whiteshabu does is provide an alternative to this method of sharing, doing so via "HTTP" none of the content provided on the website is hosted it's all indexed hyperlink from other websites and shared information that is user submitted. Its a FREE service so where did you get "buy?" from ?

Lastly take a visit to website like tvshack.net, movielinks.tv, epirate.net, katz.cd........ visit loombo.com, videoweed.com, movshare.net, hotfile.com, rapidshare.com (i could keep going on) you will notice those services harbor such content and all whiteshabu does is index this content. Next time you want to make "Quotes" ignace have an understanding of what you are talking about....dickhead.