PHP Newbie needs HELP

rishum

Hello everyone,

I have only recently started dabbling with PHP.
I don't have a strong programming background but am determined to learn PHP to enhance my professional profile. I have joined this forum to seek help from people who are much more adept at all things PHP!  :)

What I am currently trying to do is to catch a string, remove the white spaces preceeding and trailing the string, and then replacing the spaces between the words that might be in a string with the # symbol.

My problem is that using the trim() function, all the white spaces may be removed but I will not be able to replace the spaces between the words with a #. I am not able to understand how to go about this. Should I be using a loop to check all characters one-by-one and wherever a space is encountered amongst the characters, it be replaced by a #? Or is there any other simpler way to do it?

Also, can anyone kindly direct me to any code example to achieve what I want to?

I eagerly look forward to hearing form you guys.

Thanks and regards,

Rishum

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.