jclMediaManager v1 Beta

[Most Recent Version: Beta 2, 12.06.2010]

Hello all.

I'd love for people to test my new script that I've recently finished developing. I call it: jclMediaManager.

What it is:

It is, simply, a media manager. Its a rich application that allows you to manage folders, upload images, upload videos and embed videos from external websites. It's quite in depth, but I plan to add even more features to it later on. It's being used for another script of mine which is still in progress, but I plan to make it available to people who use TinyMCE and want an image/video uploader etc.

Coded in JavaScript using the powerful framework jQuery, it also takes advantage of AJAX and PHP. It can be used in just about anything, if you have the coding knowledge to do it yourself. Any functions that make changes to files or folders have a reserved space for any custom code. This code could alter database entries to allow storage of image information in a secure location for later use.

It takes advantage of SWFUpload to handle the multiple file uploading.

Features:

- Upload images and videos.

- Create, rename and delete folders.

- Rename and delete images/videos.

- Move files to a different location.

- Double click on an image to view larger version.

- Double click in content area to select all files.

- Filter files by mime type.

- Embed videos from external website like YouTube or Vimeo.

- Insert files into defined element on a website.

- Multiple instances on one page.

- Plugin support for TinyMCE.

Well, here is the link: http://www.jclmedia.com.au/projects/jclmediamanager/demo/

A few things to note. Every 15 minutes all files and folders are deleted automatically to prevent huge amounts of files being uploaded. Please don't upload anything too large, or anything offensive.

Cheers guys, post any bugs you find so I can fix them up.

Oh, one last thing. I've only tested it myself in Firefox and Chrome.

I know for a fact that on 64-bit operating systems (such as mine), Internet Explorer does not support Flash, so the upload side of things won't work. However, it does run fine in IE8 (apart from uploading, of course). If anyone has an earlier version of IE (apart from 6), please test it out. Also, if you're running 32-bit OS, if you could test out the uploading that would be great.

(If you find that you are stuck in a folder that was deleted, just refresh the page to reset it. Sorry, but I don't want heaps of files/folders clogging up my hosting.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.