Looking for a script suggestion?

n9ne

Hi there, hope im posting in the correct section.

Anyway, im wondering if anyone knows of a PHP script for something like an online poster printing service (i bit like the one implemented by deviantart prints) that can do the following..

[b][i]Allows members of the public to fill out an electronic order form, upload artwork & pay (prob through Paypal)[/i][/b]

usually i can find scripts pretty good, but with this one i dont have any idea where to begin, im hoping someone hear could point me in the right direction!

thanks

The only thing I could think of is using something like Menalto Gallery which is a photo sharing application but you can add modules to the core app to take you to a shop like shutterfly or whatever.  I'm positive you would need to modify it. 

Next best thing is building it yourself...

[quote author=businessman332211 link=topic=107704.msg432410#msg432410 date=1158018329]
build it, the electronic order form, will take 5 minutes, maybe 20 if it's really, really advanced.  THe processing on something like that plus setting it up with paypal will take about 30 minutes, and working out the file handling can add on another 10, you can do that within 3 hours.
[/quote]

Im not an experienced coder.. im a designer above all else. So do u still think this would be do-able, even for someone that doesnt have much in the way of raw coding skill?

For someone that doesn't have many coding skills it may be difficult for you.  It really isn't that hard but then again, I've been doing this for a while. 

Without a doubt you need something custom for what it sounds like you're trying to do.  If you have a couple of bucks laying around I would say you should hire someone to do it.  It's not all that expensive.  If not, read up on storing form data into a database, displaying pictures from a database, etc.  There are MANY tutorials on these subjects so it may not be that difficult to put something together with little time invested.

[quote author=gijew link=topic=107704.msg432532#msg432532 date=1158039958]
For someone that doesn't have many coding skills it may be difficult for you.  It really isn't that hard but then again, I've been doing this for a while. 

Without a doubt you need something custom for what it sounds like you're trying to do.  If you have a couple of bucks laying around I would say you should hire someone to do it.  It's not all that expensive.  If not, read up on storing form data into a database, displaying pictures from a database, etc.  There are MANY tutorials on these subjects so it may not be that difficult to put something together with little time invested.
[/quote]

well ty, that was very helpful, i will try and read further into this subject, no doubt it would be handy to learn! Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.