4 replies to this topic

#1 makeshift_theory

makeshift_theory
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:02 PM

My manager has just asked me to look up some info on integrating a mysql/php driven database structure and connect it to a Quickbooks platform.  My original thought was to convert the mysql data into iff(quickbooks) or csv(Excel) however I do not think they will want to go that route?  Does this sound like a xml model application?
<b>Emacs</b> it's great for the body.
<br><br>
<b>Trust the TechnoLust</b>

<b><u>Have a question check here:</u></b>
PHP Manual: http://www.php.net

#2 HuggieBear

HuggieBear
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,899 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

Do they want it to be a 'real-time' site?

Regards
Rich
Advice to MySQL users: Get phpMyAdmin and test your queries work there first, take half the hassle out of diagnosis, also check the reserved words list.

Links: PHP Docs :: RegEx's :: MySQL :: DevGuru :: w3schools

#3 makeshift_theory

makeshift_theory
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:38 PM

That's what I was talking to my manager today about basically here's what he told me in a nutshell.  Basically when a customer makes a purchase on this client's website, the order get's logged in the mysql database.  They also want it to log that order into the client's Quickbooks Suite, I have not used Quickbooks that much so I don't know exactly all there is to know about it.  I know that it handles CSV and IFF files which I can convert the database into however they do not want to have to import or export anything they want it to be fully automatic.  With that said I think the best thing to do is on every purchase dump the DB into Quickbooks somehow and have it update in ASC order.  So to answer your question, yes I believe it's real time.

<br><br>

#4 HuggieBear

HuggieBear
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,899 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

I think this link will be useful to you  ;)

Intuit Development

I also just "Googled" quickbooks +website +integrate and got some good results.

Regards
Rich
Advice to MySQL users: Get phpMyAdmin and test your queries work there first, take half the hassle out of diagnosis, also check the reserved words list.

Links: PHP Docs :: RegEx's :: MySQL :: DevGuru :: w3schools

#5 makeshift_theory

makeshift_theory
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:13 PM

Well actually I think I'm saved, I can indeed go straight from the database to a iff file.  Now my question with this information, I opened the iff file in Excel and it seems to just be formatted like a CSV so is it possible to just do a fopen() and write directly to this file or do I need to add something to my headers?
<br><br>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users